Senior Product Manager
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
DigitalOcean (NYSE: DOCN) simplifies cloud computing so builders can spend more time creating software that changes the world. With our mission-critical infrastructure and fully managed offerings, DigitalOcean enables startups and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to rapidly deploy and scale modern applications. As a remote-first organization, our employees, like our customers, are based around the world.
DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We are looking for a passionate, results oriented, and motivated self-starter to shape AI/ML products within our cloud services portfolio. Reporting to the Director of Product, the Senior Product Manager will lead a matrixed cross-functional team including Product Design, Engineering, Infrastructure and external partnerships to define and build products and features supporting startups and SMBs on their AI/ML journey.
You will get to work with a team of high-energy and dedicated product managers, designers and engineers to impact the lives of developers by simplifying innovation for them. This role is a great opportunity for experienced Product Managers with expertise in AI/ML, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS or B2B Software development who want to have a real impact, both within the company and in the developer community at large, and launch products that are used and loved by thousands of developers worldwide.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop the AI/ML product strategy and vision working with multiple stakeholders and translate it into creative, high quality, simple features.
- Develop business cases and model unit economics for new products and features including partnership opportunities.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and create user stories.
- Act as technical thought leader in the development process, cross team collaboration and prioritizing and grooming the product backlog.
- Collaborate with other Product Managers to translate Product Investments into technical investments for the core engineering teams.
- Define technical and business performance criteria across the product vertical.
- Drive a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently and learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
- Enable the sales team with product training and collateral.
- Create and drive a community engagement plan.
What We’ll Expect From You
- Ability to collaborate and lead a matrixed cross-functional Product Development team
- Hands-on, proven experience and domain knowledge in AI/ML, preferably building and delivering cloud services
- Ability to analyze data and articulate user hypotheses in terms of objective measures, and project KPI impact of new features
- An understanding of the challenges that developers face when selecting and using infrastructure and services, and a vision for how great products can help streamline adoption
- Technical knowledge to collaborate with engineering teams on a translating the customer needs into product requirements
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to drive productive meetings, create effective and useful product documents
- Experience with product and service integrations with internal and external partners is a plus
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We reward our employees. The base salary range for this position is between $115,000-$155,000 based on relevant years of experience and skills. The salary range for this role is specific to candidates located within the U.S. and will vary for candidates outside the U.S.. The salary range for this position is based on relevant years of experience and skills. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In the United States, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, and additional resources to support employees' overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role