Security Engineer-Remote TD&R
The successful applicant will be performing work in FedRAMP environments, and therefore, must be a U.S. Person (i.e. U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, asylee, or refugee). This position may also perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil.
Who You’ll Work With
We encourage employees to hone their talents and skills every single day with creative and challenging projects. Employees are self-motivated, results driven and engaged. We recognize and reward quality results and dedication to our company's purposes and principles. This is an opportunity to work in the TD&R (Threat, Detection, and Response) Security Team. The TD&R Security Team provides a security center of excellence to new and existing products within our organization. We provide key services within the organization: transformation of security controls into meaningful engineering requirements, reviewing evidence to ensure continuous compliance, development of tooling to automate security relevant tasks, operate shared services which provide functionality to all product teams, and defining creative ways to share knowledge across teams. We are looking for a Security Engineer to join our team.
What You’ll Do
You will be tasked with:
- Crafting security-focused tooling to improve processes and coordination among groups
- Building new tooling for use within the organization
- Deploying code to production environments
- Ensuring new code meets security requirements and writing supporting documentation
- Understanding the security posture of various offerings
- Writing and reviewing system architectures and documentation
- Providing guidance to teams on building secure software
- Supporting continuous monitoring and audit requirements
- Contributing to the key services provided by the TD&R Security Team
- Assisting with production issues
Who You Are
- Self-starter that is capable of effectively working with various customers, facilitating discussions, building consensus, establishing priorities, and building credible relationships
- Detail oriented individual who enjoys the challenge of multi-tasking, articulating project requirements, and keeping up to date with changing standards as set by various organizations (NIST, AICPA, ISO, FedRAMP, etc.)
- Technically skilled individual who can take projects from start to finish
- Excellent collaboration skills
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with unit tests
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of Ruby, Go, Python
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or an equivalent web framework
- Experience with git or other version control systems
- Ability to maintain Linux systems
- Familiar with OWASP
- Ability to participate in a 24/7/265 on-call rotation
- Networking knowledge
- Experience with production systems
- Experience with agile software development methods
- Experience in Secure Development methodologies
- Experience performing secure code reviews
- Experience in security
- Experience working with security standards (FedRAMP, ISO, PCI, etc.)
Why Cisco Secure
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique. We bring our talents to work as a team each day, helping power an inclusive future for all. Get to know us!
We’re global, we’re adaptable, we’re diverse, and our security portfolio is as extensive as it is groundbreaking. Have you heard of Threat, Detection & Response, Zero Trust by Duo, Common Services Engineering, or Cloud & Network Security? Those are only a few of our product teams! The only thing we’re missing is YOU.
Join an enterprise security leader with a start-up culture, committed to driving innovation and giving you the opportunity to make an impact. We #InnovateToWin and we know we’re better together, that’s why we’re dedicated to inclusivity, collaboration, and diversity in everything we do.
We’re proud to be the Best Security Company in 2021 with the Best Authentication Technology and the Best Small and Mid-Size Enterprises Security Solution in 2022 by SC Media. Cisco Secure continues to grow and evolve year after year with 100% of Fortune 100 Companies using our products, and we’re excited to see the new heights we’ll reach with your passion for security, your customer focus, and your desire to change things up!
What else can you expect? An ongoing investment in your growth—that’s why we offer many employee resource groups (called Inclusive Communities), mentorship programs, and hundreds of learning resources to consistently level up your skillset and explore your interests. Because when you succeed, we succeed!
“Cisco Secure offers an environment that combines cutting-edge, mission-critical, technology with some of the brightest, most diverse set of people I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with.” – Chief of Staff, Engineering
Join Cisco Secure – Be You, With Us!
Cisco COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
JOB ID: 1377863