Senior Software Engineer-REMOTE-TD&R
What You'll Do
As a member of the SecureX team, you will: Work on the next generation of Security Solutions. The Security Business Group (SBG) is looking for experienced Senior Software Engineers to work on the next generation of Cloud-Native Process Orchestration and Automation. This product uses the latest in advanced design, technologies, and processes but delivers similar functionality as Cisco Process Orchestrator used in Cisco solutions and running at many large Cisco customers.
As a Senior Software Engineer for the Security team, you will be working closely with the Cisco product managers, leaders, and other software engineering teams to influence product features and direction. Experience in developing flexible, scalable and easy to use REST APIs. Back-end developer:
- GoLang (preferred) Knowledge of OOP principles, design patterns and threads.
- Team player with good analytical and communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- Familiar with development trends such as frameworks, libraries, design approaches.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience leading engineering teams and projects a plus
- Golang, Java, J2EE, REST architecture, REST APIS, SOA, webservices Microservices Containers High-Availability concepts Unix/Linux/Windows OS AMQP, middleware Database – MongoDB, noSQL DB
- Analytics and Data collection/analysis Workflow automation VMWare vSphere/ESXi, vCenter, Openstack, UI Frameworks such as Angular, ReactJS Jenkins, Git, Ant, DevOps Agile, Scrum, Rally, Jira
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) or equivalent practical experience
- 7 + years of developing enterprise level software projects
- Fluency in one or more compiled languages such as Java or GoLang
- Experience working in Unix/Linux operating systems
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Cloud (using IaaS and PaaS) experience desirable Configuration management experience with one or more configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Experience working in a team environment with a detailed software development process; ideally, within an Agile methodology like Scrum
Why Cisco Secure
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique. We bring our talents to work as a team each day, helping power an inclusive future for all. Get to know us!
We’re global, we’re adaptable, we’re diverse, and our security portfolio is as extensive as it is groundbreaking. Have you heard of Threat, Detection & Response, Zero Trust by Duo, Common Services Engineering, or Cloud & Network Security? Those are only a few of our product teams! The only thing we’re missing is YOU.
Join an enterprise security leader with a start-up culture, committed to driving innovation and giving you the opportunity to make an impact. We #InnovateToWin and we know we’re better together, that’s why we’re dedicated to inclusivity, collaboration, and diversity in everything we do.
We’re proud to be the Best Security Company in 2021 with the Best Authentication Technology and the Best Small and Mid-Size Enterprises Security Solution in 2022 by SC Media. Cisco Secure continues to grow and evolve year after year with 100% of Fortune 100 Companies using our products, and we’re excited to see the new heights we’ll reach with your passion for security, your customer focus, and your desire to change things up!
What else can you expect? An ongoing investment in your growth—that’s why we offer many employee resource groups (called Inclusive Communities), mentorship programs, and hundreds of learning resources to consistently level up your skillset and explore your interests. Because when you succeed, we succeed!
“Cisco Secure offers an environment that combines cutting-edge, mission-critical, technology with some of the brightest, most diverse set of people I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with.” – Chief of Staff, Engineering
Join Cisco Secure – Be You, With Us!
Cisco COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
JOB ID: 1387945