Customer Support Engineer Level 1 TD&R
There are a lot of security companies out there. Still, no one is doing what Kenna (Cisco) is doing: giving our customers the ability to measure their risk landscape and truly protect their environments from the ever-present threat of a breach. As a result, we see phenomenal growth as some of the top companies in the world flock to our platform.
We have robust venture funding and an incredible team who will fight beside you to accomplish the impossible. We're looking for an energetic and driven Support Engineer who will be responsible for the technical troubleshooting and resolution of our customers' support issues.
You'll be a part of a growing and experienced engineering team. You will work closely with others to learn the answers to complex and interesting technical questions and issues. In addition, candidates should have experience in technical support roles and feel comfortable troubleshooting potentially unfamiliar issues across various technologies.
What are some of the exciting problems you'll be working on:
- Triaging, prioritizing and resolving support inquiries from our customers.
- Working directly with our engineers to diagnose and solve customer issues
- Working closely with Customer Success to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction, Learning basic database querying and scripting used for troubleshooting
- Creating technical documentation helps customers learn to use our platform and allows for self-service resolution of common issues.
- Being a part of an on-call rotation
What does it take to work at Kenna, a Cisco company:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 3+ years of experience in technical support or support engineer role
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills
- Fundamentals of computer programming. (e.g., be able to read/understand code)
- Power-user proficiency with computer systems (e.g., command-line and scripting experience)
- Comfortable with the fast-paced and unpredictable nature of support engineering
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally within a team-oriented environment
- Strong desire for technical growth
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. We invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and, yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you with us!
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Requirements The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
JOB ID: 1378539