Sr. Business Marketing Lead, Sponsored Products Growth, SMB Global Marketing
**Open to NYC and SEA locations**
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of ecommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon owned and operated sites and on other high quality sites across the web. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising product with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
A strategically important part of our charter is to drive adoption across a portfolio of self-service, cost per click advertising products to enable head to tail advertisers to engage with customers in relevant ways. Our team is tasked with making it easy for sellers and vendors to advertise their products, thereby increasing the visibility of their products, which also helps Amazon customers discover more selection—a win-win!
We are looking for a seasoned Senior Business Marketing Manager to be a large cross-functional program owner, defining program strategy and initiatives to drive retention and growth of matured advertisers in Sponsored Products. In this role, you are accountable for setting the overall vision and strategy for the retention and growth programs with significant business impact, as well as tactically driving teams in and outside the organization to deliver. You are able to define the program, set objectives, analyze data, drive improvements that are quantified with metrics, and influence and drive large initiatives across internal/external teams and engineering/science teams to improve the customer experience.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong passion for data and analytics, and leveraging this to develop programs and strategies that are innovative to achieve business goals. You operate from a customer-first perspective to understand user journeys and identify opportunities to improve CX, collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to drive programs, and exhibit a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary. You proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks), and you demonstrate good judgment in how and when to escalate (without damaging relationships). To be successful you’ll need to be a strong communicator who can earn trust with key stakeholders across multiple teams. You should be comfortable with ambiguity and complex challenges, and are willing to work autonomously, handling multiple initiatives simultaneously and prioritizing accordingly to contribute to ambitious growth plans. If you are organized, analytical, and data driven, with an interest to own your program strategy end to end, this is a great role for you.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 7+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience with Excel or Tableau (data manipulation, macros, charts and pivot tables)
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Demonstrated capacity to thrive in a fast paced workplace and deal with ongoing change and ambiguity.
- Proven experience launching high impact, complex programs in a highly matrixed environment.
- Ability to apply statistical techniques (e.g., hypothesis testing)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Proven ability to communicate persuasively and to influence others, particularly among senior stakeholder.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Engineering, or other related area
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Previous advertising, retail, and/or tech business experience with respect to programs and processes
- Decisive, action-oriented, and able to motivate, inspire, and lead cross-functional teams
- Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
- Strong drive for results, with the ability to manage independently and take calculated risks
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $94,600/year in our lowest geographic market up to $185,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.