Sr. Product Manager - Tech, Data Analytics , XCM Media and Content
Want to work for a fast-paced, innovative team? Want to work on ground-breaking initiatives? Amazon is transforming our delivery fleet into the biggest out of home media channel in the world, and we need a Sr. Product Manager – Tech to spearhead the data and analytics product charter that powers operational planning and measuring campaign performance. If you are obsessed with building technical solutions that uses data to solve complex business problems, this may be the role for you.
Key job responsibilities
As a Sr. Product Manager - Tech, you are the end-to-end owner of the fleet analytic product vision, strategy, and execution that powers the channel’s operational execution and measurement models. You work closely with supply chain, engineering, and science peers to define the product vision, scope use cases, map the high-level system design, and launch new product solutions. You drive day-to-day product development from concept through to release. Your product requirements are concise, with clear, measurable success criteria. You understand the systems and technologies behind your analytic products, their limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions, and reasons for architectural decisions. You will transform these data products into analytical insights that help us drive efficiencies in execution and campaign performance. You are an effective negotiator, make smart trade-offs without sacrificing quality, and drive appropriate schedules. You use data to influence our business strategy and technical priorities, and escalate when necessary without damaging relationships. You independently represent your products and the product team and are comfortable communicating with senior executives as well as with business and technical stakeholders.
A day in the life
Your product management practices set a great example to others, successfully leading all stages of the product lifecycle from concept to delivery:
- Vision/Strategy: Solving big, ambiguous problems gets you up the in the morning. You own the strategic analytics vision and scope PRFAQs to execute and scale van marketing as a major media channel.
- Roadmap: You define and steward the analytics product roadmap, making crisp decisions about what projects move forward and in what priority order.
- Execution: You lead the team in building end-to-end data solutions that power fleet marketing’s operational execution and measurement models. You build data sources, pipelines, storage solutions, and visualization reports that are robust, extensible, and scalable. You are known for your high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, deep understanding of the tech & the science, and ability to lead.
- Technical Skill: You understand the architecture of the systems and technologies behind your products. You are able to influence technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions.
- Communication: Your core partners say you are the one who brings it all together and makes it happen. You communicate ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, to all types of audiences.
About the team
As part of the global media and fixed marketing organization, we scale media products for Amazon and Prime’s biggest brand initiatives. Our mission is to make customers lives easier and better every day by inventing relentlessly across our systems and approach. Our products come to life as campaigns that are contextually aware, creatively breakthrough, and measurably effective which strengthens the brand, grows the business, and reduces cost for Amazon overall.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 5+ years of product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience managing technical products or online services
- Experience in representing and advocating for a variety of critical customers and stakeholders during executive-level prioritization and planning
- Experience in using analytical tools, such as Tableau, Qlikview, QuickSight
- Experience in building and driving adoption of new tools
- Experience with concepts such as system architecture, optimization, system dynamics, system analysis, statistical analysis, reliability analysis, and decision making
- Experience with machine learning to support model automation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $121,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $235,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.