Senior Product Manager Technical, Ads Core Services (ACS) Fraud and Abuse
About Amazon Advertising:
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices.
About this role:
We're looking for highly analytical, pragmatic, and driven individuals who thrive on solving tough fraud and abuse problems.
As a Senior Product Manager - Technical, you will take strong ownership of Advertising Fraud and Abuse product vision, strategy, and execution of our roadmap. You will prioritize product launches ruthlessly by assessing impact, feasibilities, and stakeholder needs. You excel in leveraging data and insights to gauge impact of your fraud strategies and identify key drivers of fraud trends.
Key job responsibilities
* Own vision and roadmap in partnership with engineering and data science for building Advertising fraud and abuse prevention and mitigation solutions.
* Drive our strategy, prioritization, product roadmap & guide new product ideas from an initial concept all the way to product launch.
* Use data and insights to identify threats, strategize to execute these changes. Partner closely with data scientists to develop risk signals collection and machine learning prevention strategies.
* Define, analyze and own fraud losses (and success) metrics to gauge impact of detection and mitigation strategies. Provide regular metrics callout to senior leaders and stakeholders.
* Able and adept at working directly with engineers to deliver tech solutions. Clearly defines requirements and motivates engineers on deliveries.
* And of course, catch a bunch of fraud, and make fraudsters' lives harder!
About the team
The Advertising Fraud and Abuse program’s mission is to defend against bad actors who intend to cause advertisers or Amazon financial or reputational harm. We work to deliver across three strategic pillars: 1) Prevention — proactive controls to prevent bad actors from entering our Advertising platforms; 2) Mitigation — model and systems detection and ongoing monitoring to detect fraudulent or abusive behaviors, detection and enforcement.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 2+ years of end to end product delivery experience
- 5+ years of technical product or program management experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience managing technical products or online services
- Experience performing statistical analysis of data using SQL, Excel and other tools
- Experience in representing and advocating for a variety of critical customers and stakeholders during executive-level prioritization and planning
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience in an operational environment developing, fast-prototyping, piloting and launching analytic products
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $121,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $235,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.