Principal Product Manager Tech - Amazon Sponsored Products, Advertiser Growth
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
We're looking for an innovative and customer-obsessed Product Manager who will work backwards from our customers and take our products to the next level. This role will define product vision and drive execution for advertiser recommendations and controls in Sponsored Products. This position will be part of the Demand Identification and Campaign Optimization organization within Sponsored Products. Our team focuses on launching innovative controls that help advertisers provide us with inputs, developing state-of-the art machine learned optimization to represent our advertisers in the ad marketplace, and creating recommenders to help advertisers get started with Sponsored Products. Our systems and algorithms operate on one of the world's largest product catalogs, matching shoppers with advertised products and running the ad auction with a high relevance bar. We strive to improve the ability for advertisers to help shoppers discover relevant products on customer search, browse and detail pages. You will drive our advertiser focused research to lead the way for continuous innovation and shape the future of e-commerce. This is an opportunity to make a significant impact on the future of the Amazon vision.
As part of this role, you will engage with advertisers, integrators, and partner teams to help formulate your vision, and define the features, goals and metrics that drive a substantial science and engineering team to turn your vision into product. You will work closely with software engineers and scientists making the right design decisions and trade offs aligned with the product vision and innovate on launching cutting edge machine learning models. You will define and execute on our go to market strategy to drive adoption and success of launching new controls for Sponsored Products advertisers. You will tackle challenging problems and coordinate high profile projects across multiple teams. You will use customer anecdotes to find inspiration, and data analysis to confirm your suspicions. You'll contribute to the organizational planning for one of the largest advertising programs on the planet, present to senior executives, and evangelize your vision and promote wins to build your reputation as a leader.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will:
· Obsess over your customers and work backwards to define tenets, customer experiences, long-term goals, focus areas and key metrics
· Partner closely with product, engineering, data science, marketing and design leaders to execute on your vision.
· Simplify and solve complex, inter-dependent, customer and business opportunities.
· Monitor customer feedback, response and metrics; develop plans to support growth and scale the business efficiently; drive continuous solution improvements
· Analyze complex data sets; build and create narratives for cross-functional teams
· Present technical plans to senior executives and key stakeholders and evangelize the advertiser response vision within Sponsored Products.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 8+ years of technical product or program management experience
- 2+ years of end to end product delivery experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience technical product management
- Experience working directly with Engineers on product enhancements
- Experience in project management methodologies, business analysis, or process improvement
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $144,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $279,900/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.