Sr. Product Manager - Tech, Marketing Measurement, XCM Media and Content
Want to work for a fast-paced, innovative team? Want to work on ground-breaking initiatives? Want to pioneer new ways of going to market in one of the biggest out of home channels in the world? The Global Media and Content team is looking for a talented Sr. Product Manager – Tech to lead the measurement charter for Amazon’s packaging channel. If you are obsessed with dissecting business problems into digestible, technical solutions and enjoy working with technical peers to deliver business impact, this may be the role for you.
Key job responsibilities
You are responsible for chartering the measurement product strategy, roadmap priorities, and requirements to scale best-in-class measurement models for the packaging mass media channel. This role is inherently cross-functional: you work closely with science, engineering, product, operations, and marketing teams to translate business needs into robust science methodologies and scalable machine learning models that drive insights about which marketing and creative approaches work best.
You work with your tech team to evolve your ideas and bring them to life, making all the tough tradeoffs along the way. Solving big, ambiguous problems gets you up the in the morning. Your core partners say you are the one who brings it all together and makes it happen. You’re known for your high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, deep understanding of the tech & the science, and ability to lead.
A day in the life
Your product management practices set a great example to others, successfully leading all stages of the product lifecycle from concept to delivery:
- Vision/Strategy: You own the strategic measurement vision and scoping PRFAQs to scale packaging marketing into a major media channel.
- Roadmap: You define and steward the product roadmap, making crisp decisions about what projects move forward and in what priority order.
- Execution: You love partnering with scientists to develop new models and measurement capabilities. You own it end-to-end, from ideation to requirements to launch.
- Technical Skill: You understand the architecture of the systems and technologies behind your measurement products. You are able to influence technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions.
- Communication: You communicate ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, to all types of audiences.
About the team
Our mission is to be the most measurably effective and creatively breakthrough marketing organization in the world in order to strengthen the brand, grow the business, and reduce cost for Amazon overall.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 5+ years of product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience managing technical products or online services
- Experience in representing and advocating for a variety of critical customers and stakeholders during executive-level prioritization and planning
- Experience with concepts such as system architecture, optimization, system dynamics, system analysis, statistical analysis, reliability analysis, and decision making
- Experience in building and driving adoption of new tools
- Experience in using analytical tools, such as Tableau, Qlikview, QuickSight
- Experience with machine learning to support model automation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $121,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $235,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.