Principal Product Manager Tech, Seller Growth & Development
The Seller Growth and Development Team is a growing business-tech team, focused on accelerating the growth of Sellers by providing tools and insights that enable them to make better and faster decisions at each step of selection management. Our Sellers are both small and large businesses, who rely on success in the Amazon marketplace for their livelihood, and who we treat as our Customers. We make our solutions available to all sellers worldwide, so that our sellers across the world have access to the best tools to accelerate their growth. Core to this team, is our recommendations charter through which we surface actionable insights to sellers to help them grow their business.
This Principal PMT will own the overall science roadmap for building growth recommendations for our selling partners. This will include defining the vision for our recommendation engine, translating the seller needs to a ML problem and measuring the effectiveness and success of the ML models used for targeting, ranking and attribution of recommendations. The ideal candidate is creative, has a background building products liaising closely with software and science teams, a clear communicator (both written and verbal), has a proven track record of getting things done, and is comfortable thinking big. This high-visibility role will give you an opportunity to create meaningful and measurable impact on growth of Amazon’s selling partners worldwide, while working on some of the most interesting challenges around personalization and recommender systems.
Key job responsibilities
- Partner closely with business, product, applied science, and engineering stakeholders to set the long term vision for data science powered recommendation engine
- Translate our strategic roadmap into a product backlog, define success objectives, metrics, and product requirements for the team to execute.
- Additionally, you will lead the agile delivery of machine learning experiments and integrations of these models into user facing applications
- Establish KPIs, model performance metrics, identify analytical gaps, and improve performance and adoption of the recommendations
- Build strong relationship and trust with global stakeholders and cross functional teams
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience technical product management
- High-level understanding of machine learning concepts and general practices
- Experience in e-commerce, web-based technology products
- Working knowledge of personalization science (recommender systems, causal inferences, ranking, search)
- Experience in running product experiments and applying product analytics to decision making
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $144,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $279,900/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.