2024 Intern - Associate Product Manager, Ethical Innovation
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
You’re a creative problem solver who loves to explore and uncover the issues. You are joining a fast-paced organization that often requires quick turnarounds, so initiative and efficiency is needed for success in this position.
The Office of Ethical Innovation (AI Ethics) drives organization-wide ethics related activities and develops processes, tools, training, and other resources that guide our AI solutions to consistently reflect Adobe’s AI ethics principles: accountability, responsibility, and transparency. AI is critical to our Adobe products, and we continue to see AI used in more innovative ways. AI Ethics needs to be top of mind from research to product release.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with the AI ethics team and product teams to help identify and evaluate for potential harmful bias in the areas of Big Data, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, Classification, GANS, and Generative AI.
- Conduct practitioner research or user research on the trends, advancements and standard methodologies in AI, machine learning, software development specific to ethics and social responsibility across industry and academia.
What You Need to Succeed
- Currently enrolled full time and pursuing a Bachelor, Masters, or PhD in computer science, software engineering, or related fields.
- Strong interest and/or relevant experience in ethical considerations in AI through classes, project work, internships, or work experience.
- Knowledge of statistical modeling or data analytics concepts.
- Solid understanding of how AI systems work; their strengths and limitations; and how to optimize their performance.
- Knowledge of core AI and machine learning technologies, methods, and languages such as Python, MatLab, or R.
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving ability.
- Good written and oral communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills and a great teammate.
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to participate in a full-time internship between May-September.
Adobe is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. Learn more.
Adobe values a free and open marketplace for all employees and has policies in place to ensure that we do not enter into illegal agreements with other companies to not recruit or hire each other’s employees.